SKILLS & SUMMARY
- 18 years experience in holistic marketing, creative, and interactive solutions, working on cross-functional teams in a deadline-driven, project-oriented environment.
- Diverse creative digital background includes entertainment, fashion, gaming, mobile, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, and education, all with the focus of user-centric ecosystems and platforms.
- Senior management and project development, leading teams and interfacing with clients from concept to implementation and delivery.
- Information architecture and UX design, includes defining site structure, navigation, and page layout by creating sitemaps and wireframes, writing use cases and UI specifications, assessing interface usability, UAT, A/B testing, accessibility audits and mental modeling.
- Business analysis and qualitative research, including gathering, analyzing, and documenting functional/business requirements based on information gathering sessions with clients/stakeholders and project team members; conducting competitive analysis.
- Strong understanding of human behaviors, customer empathy, organizational, and communication skills; good creative and visual abilities; working in large teams or autonomously.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software, from InDesign to OmniGraffle (including mobile stencils for Android, iPad, iPhone), Axure, and Visio, Mac and PC literate, .Net to LAMP, and versatile understanding of user experience tools.
- Member of MSDN, Apple MFi, and Android development programs.
- Columbia University, New York City (Class of 2011)
Master of Arts, English Education with specialization in technology and learning
- Columbia University, New York City
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature & Film Studies
- Pratt Institute of Design, New York City
Adjunct Professor, Multi-Media Design III
- Department of Education, New York City
Secondary School English Teacher, 7-12 English
September 2013 - Current
Experience Creative Director, Freelance, Various
- Authoring a book on the importance of UX for brand solutions, releasing in fall '14
- Speaking and panelist engagements
- Facilitating seminars and workshops
- Freelance design creative direction and UX design on a XBOX educational gaming app for science, K-5 grades
- UX design lead for a new product, Linzess, launching this year (site to be public in Q2 '14) (with DraftFCB)
- High-level experience direction for an evolved app for top-brand travel publication (with Story Worldwide)
- Led stealth social media campaign for non-profit organization and independent film project
April 2012 - September 2013
Experience Creative Director, Head of User Experience, Atmosphere Proximity BBDO
- Manage entire department encompassing content strategy and user experience
- Senior creative leadership for several brands using a digital medium such as web, mobile, and apps
- Provide thought leadership for native iPad applications, responsive design execution, and user-centric behavior
- Direct concepts for major online initiatives, mentor staff members, and foster client rapport.
Director of User Experience, Euro RSCG Life
- Managed several direct reports and freelancers for highly productive department made up of analysts, designers, and specification writers.
- Developed internal education materials for emerging technologies and digital design,
- development, and client up-sell opportunities.
- Provided thought leadership for native iPad applications, HTML5 sales presentations, web.
- Designed and directed wireframes, mental models, personas, use cases, qualitative testing, analytical in-depth research, and detailed scenarios.
2009 – 2011
User Experience Director, DCG Arts, New York City
- Thought-leadership and roll-up-your-sleeves conceptualization of HTML5 apps and websites, and native mobile experiences for iOS and Android.
- Designed wireframes, mental models, personas, user stories, use cases, and detailed scenarios.
- Often brought in as consultant to sell-through ideas to internal and external Fortune 500 clients for organizations affiliated with Ad Council, Samsung, theLadders, Health4Brands, Knight, AOL, Barnes and Noble, Alexander Interactive, and NBC/Universal.
- Developed strategies for mainstream brand initiatives, which encompass iOS and Android mobile applications, MARCOM, and social media.
- Lead educator on digital marketing workshops for major advertising agencies.
2008 – 2009
Director of Production and Delivery, Pharmaceutical Digital Advertising, AXIS, New York City
- Manager of Project Management Office (PMO); 5 direct reports; oversaw production team of over 20 creative and technical professionals, and accountable for professional development.
- Resolved complex production and departmental challenges.
- Evaluated client needs and developed proposals with financial estimates.
- Support medical, legal, and regulatory reviews (MLR) for print and interactive advertising projects (FDA, DDMAC, MAC, PAAB).
2006 – 2008
Experience Director, Roaring Leo Productions, New York City
- Copywriting for print, radio, and online advertising materials.
- Produced reality television episodes for MTV Network series, Made.
- Designed several UX documents including wireframes, site maps, e-commerce funnels, etc.
- Online video production and digital educational development for Pokémon as executive producer.
- Creative direction for DVD product launch, including package design and extras content.
2003 – 2006
Information Architect, Senior Project Manager, Various, New York City/San Francisco
- Managed creative and technical development for various interactive projects, LAMP and .Net, B2C, B2B, brand .coms, advergaming, rich media.
- Ongoing client interaction and account management.
- Developed BRDs, MRDs, SOWs, work/change orders, functionality specifications, project plans, feature lists, IA/UX, conversion funnels, and more for many Fortune 100 initiatives.
- Managed creative and technical resources.
- Performed account management and client services duties.
2000 – 2003
Producer/Director, BG Productions, Los Angeles
- Fundraised over $1MM for production capital.
- Managed in-house staff of over twenty-one people and a production crew of 160 individuals.
- Director/Writer of award-winning independent short and feature films.
1996 – 1998
Information Architect, Interactive Executive Producer, Griffopolis/Blink Interactive, Atlanta
- Responsible for over $3MM in sales; oversaw business development.
- Designed IA and functionality specifications of varying solutions.
- Assisted in company acquisition.
1995 – 1996
Assistant Content Engineer, Macworld Magazine, San Francisco
- Managed the daily production of placing the magazine content onto the web site.
- Contributing writer.
CLIENTS & PROJECTS
Johnson & Johnson